I’ve completely messed up the SVN of linkedin resume today between 11:30 UTC and 12:30 UTC, I’m realy sorry for those who tried to download it during this period but it was for a good reason:
Now, that I’ve all fixed up, you can download older versions of the plugin (1.8 for the moment but soon all the old versions!).
That’s a good news for those who are experiencing some troubles with the new version.
A new year = a new version of your favorite wordpress plugin ! It just contains some regexp improvements, bugs and compatibility fixes
So, here are my answers to the comments that you have posted :
- Travis, I don’t want to change my variable name because I would have to add more code to take care of those who are doing an update from their current version. For the second comment, it seems that it is a WordPress want it to be like that, so I can’t change it easily
- Américo Dias, that’s fine, you helped a lot for the development of it 😉
- Jesse, I’ve added some text on the admin as you asked and changed “Jobs” to “Experience”
- Some of you are asking for some caching but don’t have the time to do it those days… in v2.0 perhaps 😉
- Jorge, thanks for the bug report, I’ve fixed it in this new version 😉
So, as you can see, all your comments are useful! Keep on commenting to make this plugin always more supernatural than it is!
Because the ALCV plugin was beginning to be just a too huge for me, I decided to stop the development of it and just focus on the linkedIn part,
That’s why I have created a new plugin called “LinkedIn Resume” which is quite the same as ALCV but much more simple and with a new functionality : I have added a language management for the ones like me who have a multi-language profile
Hope you will like it!
Check this example :
my english linkedin profile is on http://www.linkedin.com/in/lejosnea
my french one on http://www.linkedin.com/in/lejosnea/fr
and you can see on the pages Resume(fr) and Resume(en) of this blog how my plugin displays your linkedin datas!
As you probably know it, I’ve developed a WordPress plugin to display your resume (also called CV or curriculum vitae) on your blog.
At the beginning it was quite buggy and weak but it begins to be quite stable…
You can now display your resume by three different ways :
* You specify your linkedIn public page and it will display your linkedIn data on your blog
* You specify your Xing public page and it will display your Xing data on your blog
* You write all the fields by yourself to display it.
There is a preview of the plugin on my page Resume
So don’t hesitate and go try it on WordPress’s plugin website